The Fuzzy World 3um

If you place a wager on whether a train will derail... is that considered off-track betting?
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post Jolly Good Soda, Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 pm 

B.Erdmann
***½

I was thinking about this the other day with my friend down at his place & we were talking about all the old sodas we used to drink when we were younger & the main one we thought of was Jolly Good. Jolly Good Soda by far had the best cream soda i had next to A&W then sour pour was good along with there other sodas were probably the best cheap soda i could get. Jolly Good was also made in Random Lake WI. now all i see is the super chill stuff & Roundy's stuff. i heard that Jolly Good can still be found at select Piggly Wiggly Stores but so far i haven't located any. id figure maybe some stores closer to Random Lake?

Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/28660043@N05/

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:23 am 

Fuzzy
****½

According to a Y!Answers post, Jolly Good is a victim of the recession, though I don't know how true that may be, since I was unable to pull up any additional information or verification. Check Woodman's, you'd probably be able to find it there if anywhere.

DM Rail Group: Milwaukee Franklin & Norway • South Fork • IndustRail • St. Louis Northern • Paris Coal Railway

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm 

CNWFreak

Fuzzy wrote:
According to a Y!Answers post, Jolly Good is a victim of the recession, though I don't know how true that may be, since I was unable to pull up any additional information or verification. Check Woodman's, you'd probably be able to find it there if anywhere.

I'm not sure if all Woodman's carry the same stock, but the Woodman's in Janesville hasn't had Jolly Good for quite some time now.

Go Cougars!

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=17369

http://cnwfreak.rrpicturearchives.net/

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:41 am 

hailster
***½

CNWFreak wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

I'm not sure if all Woodman's carry the same stock, but the Woodman's in Janesville hasn't had Jolly Good for quite some time now.

I checked at Copps tonight, which is where I used to get Jolly Good, and they no longer sell it. Next time I make it to Pick N Save I will check.

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 pm 

mgk920

This DEFINITELY dates me, but I remember when Jolly Good printed corny jokes on the inside bottoms of their cans - I once collected them, cutting them out with a can opener.

Mike

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 am 

B.Erdmann
***½

I think Most Roundy's stores stopped stocking it once they came out with their own brand of soda.i believe supervalu stores have done the same thing since they came out with there own soda (Superchill). i think maybe the only stores that would carry it would be Piggly Wiggly like i mentioned before but only certain stores must carry it since the one in town & others around don't have it.

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:20 am 

Wide Cab

According to the General Grocery Manager at the Oshkosh Piggly Wiggly the makers of Jolly Good are still making generic soda (Roundy's Brand, Wyldewood, etc) with the same recipe but with a different name. His understanding was that it was a marketing thing.

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:15 pm 

RustedRail
***½

Wildwood ftw. :nod:

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 pm 

B.Erdmann
***½

the only places id think that maybe sell it would be the small ma & pop grocery stores which idk of any. but most stores i know these days are controlled by big grocery giants. I know the Woodmans in Appleton doesn't stock it either. i read on another forum that someone said they can still buy Jolly Good at their Piggly Wiggly but gave no Location but i read some of his other post & it seems the poster is in relevance to Mayville WI so i think a trip to the Mayville area is in store. i also see Jolly Good has a myspace page & it says that Krier Foods stopped the mass production of it & now is only found at Select Piggly Wiggly Stores & the annual Random Lake Fireman's Picnic.

Post Re: Jolly Good Soda, Posted Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 am 

DivergingRoute73

Speaking of Soda, what the hell ever happened to Swiss Creme by Grafs!